(This place is a bit messed up, so kindly use the Category Box at the right side of your screen. Salamat!)

Credit goes to Yobab for the banner.

CARBONARA AND SHANGHAI

Based on a true story

Chapter 1: Birthday
Toot! Toot! Toot! Toot! 1 message received
“Tol, punta ka dito kina Laihock, b-day ni laarni eh, may konting salo-salo lang naman, tayo tayo lang..shot na rin tayo!..hehe”
And of course I replied right away, coz I was bored as hell
“Sige pare! Punta ako! Pakisabi na kay Laarni HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sunod na ko diyan, ligo lang ako. .” (Message Sent)
And that was the start of how I met her..Melanie Joy D. Allado..Oh and by the way my name’s John Paul R. Mabutas, people call me YOBAB, JAPPS, JP, MABUTS..

This is our story. . . =)

I arrived at the party around 8pm, much to my surprise I was the only one they were waiting before they could actually start the party. As I entered the apartment of Laihock, our friend, I was greeted by one of my closest friends, Ralph.
Ralph: “Tol, ang tagal mo naman, tara na simulan na natin”
Me: “hahaha..siyempre nagpagwapo pa ko noh..hahaha..Asan na b-day girl? Teka GF mu ba ‘yong may birthday??”
Ralph: “Oo tol, Laarni name nya, halika pakilala kita..”
Me: “Tara”
Ralph: “Laarni, si Japps”
Me: “Oh hello, so ikaw pala ‘yong gf ni Ralph ngayon, cool! Nice to meet you!”
Laarni: “Haha..oo ako nga..Nice to meet you too.”
Me: “Oh ano di pa ba tayo kakain? Hahahaha”
Laarni: “hahahaha..tara na nga kain na tayo”
In my head, I was relieved we were about to eat, coz I was really starving. Laarni actually cooked for her own celebration, there were, Shanghai and rice, hmmm what else? I guess there was adobo; anyway, her specialty was Carbonara, and boy oh boy, I was craving for carbonara for a long time. It tasted great! And I mean really great! It was like in every forkful I had, was a glimpse of heaven. As I was gobbling up the Carbonara and Shanghai, Laarni scolded me. .
Laarni: “Hoy! Japps! Ang dami mo nang nakain..hahahaha..magtira ka naman, may bisita pa kong darating..”
Me: I ashamedly replied “hahaha..ay sorry naman, kala ko kasi tayo tayo lang..”
Before I was done eating, 3 girls came. They were the friends of Laarni and Ralph. Laarni came up to me, and introduced each of the girls to me. They were Kaisy, Joyce, and Melai.
When laarni introduced me to melai, I don’t know what happened, but I smiled so effortless, something must have changed in me when I met her. I was so eager to be close with her. And did I mention I had a girlfriend by this time? I had a girlfriend when I met Melai, and what was going through my mind that night was, “Damn it! She’s beautiful, she has a great smile!.”
After the introductions, I asked them if they could join me in the table, and fortunately for me they did, and Melai sat across the table from where I was seating. I smiled endlessly. And what I did was, I tried to make a good impression by being funny, and I succeeded, melai and her friends laughed hard, as I was telling them stories and jokes as we ate. But what I was really doing, is trying to get the attention to melai, I was sending signals to her, sort of like telling her “hey I like you.” But unfortunately it didn’t work, coz I wasn’t really getting her full attention, I thought to myself, maybe she doesn’t like me.
As the celebration went on, we started to drink alcohol, our brand of alcohol, Emperador and GSM, it was a good night for us to drink, and we celebrated hard as we drank hard. But only one thing came in my mind, I had to do something to get the attention of Melai, so we could be good friends someday. I actually told my friend Ralph and my other friends I like Melai; and I don’t know maybe it was fate, but while we were drinking, we ended sitting beside one another. Which was really good, coz I could talk to her and somehow open up at any topic, and fortunately for me, we started talking, she laughed, I talked to her about my problems with my girlfriend. She gave me advices, she shared some stories too.
The celebration was at an end, when all my friends and I were all drunk, and decided to sleep already and call it a night. When I found out that me and Laihock together with my new found friends, Melai, Joyce, and Kaisy were gonna sleep in one room. I discreetly found a way so that I would sleep beside Melai, and my plan worked, she did lie beside me. Before we even slept, me and Melai were still talking, telling jokes at one another, and much to my surprise she laughed hysterically, it was a good feeling to make a woman like her laugh so hard, I felt so appreciated.
When I woke up in the morning, not so long enough, Melai had to leave already.
Me: “Ay aalis na kayo? Wala na malungkot na ko..hahaha”
Melai: “hahaha..kailangan ko na po kasing umuwi no? hahaha..”
Me: “before ka umalis, pwede ko bang makuha number mo? Txt txt lang tayo, kung ok lang sayo?”
Melai: “Sure…”
(to be continued..)

3 comments: